We could all use more time in the morning. Things can feel rushed and the last thing we want to worry about is a long makeup routine. I enjoy doing my makeup and playing with new products when I have the time to do so. The days I just need to get out the door? I enjoy having an easy routine to look pulled together fast. I have been doing this exact regimen every day for work for a while now. I will recommend products but i’m sure you have similar items in your collection that will work perfectly!
Somebody want to start the timer?
- I always prime my face. You could skip this step if you applied a nourishing moisturizer first. I use a pore filling primer around my nose, my forehead and smile lines. Just tap it in and you are set. This ensures you have a smooth canvas for the rest of the products.
- Apply a tinted moisturizer with a dense brush. You will get the most coverage when using this type of brush. Since it is a tinted moisturizer (a bb or cc cream would work too) you don’t need to be meticulous with the blending. This evens out the complexion but doesn’t make you look like you are wearing makeup.
- Apply a translucent powder all over the face with a large fluffy brush. A pressed powder in your shade would work too. This sets the cream in place and makes it last all day.
- For a bit more coverage, I apply a banana toned powder underneath my eyes since I skipped concealer. You could use a powder that is a couple shades lighter than your complexion as well. This may not be necessary step if you don’t have severe dark circles.
- Apply blush! Any blush! I tend to opt for a slightly shimmery finish because I am skipping highlighter. Blush instantly adds life back to the face.
- Apply a tinted brow gel and brush through with a spoolie. Filling in your brows with a pencil takes too much accuracy and time. A gel is fast and adds quick definition.
- Apply mascara. Your favorite mascara will do just fine. Two coats will really make your eyes pop!
- Use a setting spray to get rid of excess powder and keep everything in place all day! I reach for an illuminating one to give my skin a glow. If you have dry skin opt for a mattifying formula.
Most of these steps take less than a minute. You could always swipe on lipstick or even easier, a tinted lip balm as well! I do not feel the need to do this step most days. If I need to spice up my look for a night out I will then add lipstick to take this easy look to the next level.
A lot of these products I cannot link but you can buy them for ONE DOLLAR, yes you read that correctly, at shopmissa.com. They work great and have become some of my everyday essentials.
What is your go-to routine? Do you like something quick or more full glam? I love learning new tips & tricks, so drop yours down below! Let me know what you think of my five minute face and don’t forget to shop my top picks!